TIG welding creates an accurate weld on any metal. A tungsten electrode is used, which is non-consumable. A gas, usually Argon, is used to shield the weld puddle from contaminates. If a filler metal is needed, it can be added by hand. TIG welding creates extremely clean welds that are of the highest quality. There are many fantastic benefits of TIG welding. Below we give a few of our top benefits.
- High Quality – The heat of TIG welding is very easily controlled by a foot petal. This easy control helps to give the welder greater precision, control, and produces a more superior weld.
- Variety of Welds – TIG welding can be used on many materials. Some of the most common materials are stainless steel, aluminum, brass, and gold.
- No Sparks – If the metal being welded is clean, then there are no sparks or spatter to be concerned about when TIG welding.
- Smokeless – If the metal being welded has been properly cleaned, then there is no smoke or fumes while TIG welding.
- All positions – TIG welds can be made in any position from overhead, flat, or horizontal. This makes it ideal for many applications in difficult to reach areas or unique positions.
Here at Stainless Outfitters Inc., we know that we can provide you with a superior product with our talented and experienced TIG welders. If you have any questions or would like to see what TIG welding can do for you, then give us a call today.