Handrails are an essential part of many modern aspects of life. Businesses, public buildings and even homeowners are legally required to place handrails on ramps, stairs, balconies, and more. Business and public buildings especially must follow stringent rules to accommodate people with disabilities and to protect children from harm. Handrails are also an important part of marine safety. Can you imagine a boat without rails? When you are considering the material that is best suited for handrails, stainless steel naturally comes to the mind.
Here are some of the many reasons to use stainless steel to fabricate your handrails:
- Cost: Stainless steel is affordable up-front. It also lasts a long time, making it an even better investment in the long term.
- Appearance: Stainless steel is beautiful. It can be finished in a variety of ways. It is resistant to rust and stains, and it can be combined with other materials to create even more designs and styles.
- Safety: Because of the high tensile strength of stainless steel, it is one of the strongest handrail materials available. It maintains this strength over time and it will not fracture or crumble over time.
- Maintenance: Cleaning is a cinch. Just use a damp cloth and maybe a mild cleanser and your stainless steel handrails will look like new again.
- Weather-resistance: Stainless steel can be used indoors or outdoors and can withstand extreme temperatures.
Whatever your architectural or interior design style, consider stainless steel handrails for the safety of your employees and customers. There is no other material that balances affordability, beauty and function more successfully.