There is a reason why most industrial kitchens are equipped with stainless steel countertops – they hold up to vigorous daily use. Even if you are far gentler on your countertops at home, there are valid reasons why you may want to take a look at stainless countertops:
- Durability – As already noted, stainless countertops are incredibly durable. While you may not be cranking out hundreds of meals a day, you still want your countertops to withstand the many situations that can damage other surfaces.
- Stains – In the course of meal preparation, any number of things can mark up and stain other types of countertops. Stainless is impervious to these stains, including red wine, oils, fruit juices, and more.
- Heat – Stainless steel does not burn, so you can take a hot pan directly from the stove to your counters without searching for a potholder or trivet to put it on. This can be a lifesaver when you have a pot that needs to be moved quickly.
- Rust – It is a common misconception that going with this type of countertop is going to result in rust down the road. When high quality stainless steel is used to fabricate your custom countertops, rust is not a concern.
- Maintenance – Do you tire of sealing your concrete, butcherblock, or granite countertops? Then you’ll love the easy maintenance of stainless steel countertops. You can even go with a brushed finish if you want to avoid fingerprints, too.
- Environmentally-friendly – You can also feel good about your new stainless countertops because they are 100% recyclable.
If you would like to know more about stainless steel countertops and how they can be custom-designed for a perfect fit, call us at Stainless Outfitters Inc. We have more than 30 years of experience and use only top-grade stainless steel materials to create beautiful, functional kitchen countertops.